Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Charles Gregory <cg...@hwcn.org> on 2010/01/18 16:58:16 UTC

lint unresolved dependencies (was: is bayes enabled by default?)

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Benny Pedersen wrote:
: spamassassin 2>&1 -D --lint | less
: is this line not a FAQ by now ?

I just tried this, for curiosity's sake, and was surprised to discover
that a couple of my meta rules had simple typos that showed up like this
in the 'debug' output (3.2.5):

[28424] dbg: rules: meta test LOC_RULE2 has undefined dependency 'LOCRULE1'

...the 'bug' being nothing more than a missing underscore in 'LOC_RULE1'.

But this does NOT appear on the standard (without -D) --lint output?

Is this by desgin? A bug? I notice some default rules also have this
dependency issue. So I'm not sure I would want --lint to 'fail' on this,
but still it surprised me to see an obvious syntax error 'overlooked' by
the basic --lint without any hint it was happening....

Thoughts?

- Charles