Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by David Novogrodsky <da...@novogrodsky.net> on 2003/02/11 23:22:02 UTC

want to volunteer to write

Re: want to volunteer to write

Posted by Tony Collen <tc...@neuagency.com>.
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, David Novogrodsky wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I am an experienced programmer (four years COBOL and two years Java)
> that likes to write. Unusual but true. I am between jobs and I would
> like to volunteer some of my time to create documentation for the
> Cocoon project, with a focus on helping people new to Cocoon.  Any idea
> what topics should be covered?

David,

Thanks for the offer.. there's tons of places.. you can check out the
cocoon wiki at http://wiki.cocoondev.org/ and start reviewing pages. You
could also search the mail archives for "cocoon competence center" for a
huge thread that recently discussed Cocoon documentation.

HTH,

Tony

Re: want to volunteer to write

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mardi, 11 fév 2003, à 23:22 Europe/Zurich, David Novogrodsky a écrit
:

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I am an experienced programmer (four years COBOL and two years Java)
> that likes to write. Unusual but true. I am between jobs and I would
> like to volunteer some of my time to create documentation for the
> Cocoon project, with a focus on helping people new to Cocoon.  Any
> idea what topics should be covered?

Wow, this is great!

I think right now the biggest issue is migrating the docs to Forrest,
but there is little writing involved, it's more like juggling with
configuration files and DTDs, see
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToForrestTransition

Apart from that, here are a few pointers to wiki pages that could help
you get started:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonCompetenceCenter
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonDocsDrafts

Hope this helps!
--
   Bertrand Delacretaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)
   XML, java, XSLT, Cocoon, FOP, mentoring/programming/teaching