Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Mark Pierce <ma...@genasys.es> on 2000/06/01 12:03:17 UTC

build/6135: Apache 1.3.12 unable to load modules on Solaris 2.6

>Number:         6135
>Category:       build
>Synopsis:       Apache 1.3.12 unable to load modules on Solaris 2.6
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jun 01 03:10:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     makis@genasys.es
>Release:        1.3.12
Building apache 1.3.12 with DSO and w/o suexec using:

$ ./configure --prefix=/path/to/apache \
                  --enable-module=most \
                  --enable-shared=max
    $ make
    $ make install

After compiling Apache3.12 on a Sun 250, Solaris 2.6. The ./configuration
 and make() don't complain at all using gcc()2.95.2. The build goes through
with no errors at all. ./configure's description of the system seems reasonable.

Then looking at what httpd() thinks it's got in it:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

OK so that was what I expected.....

But there no such luck trying to launch it:

# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 64 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so into server: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: error fatal:
error de reubicaci�n: archivo /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_vhost_alias.so:
s�mbolo ap_table_setn: s�mbolo al que se
hace referencia no encontrado

I guess that I could teach the server to speak better Spanglish but it's saying
that it's got a fatal dynamic linkage error  and adds that "symbol ap_table_setn
is not found" ....

Removing the LoadModule call to the first module in httpd.conf cause the next in line
to fail in the same way.

comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix reports other identical problems
>Fix:
I'm clueless...1.3.9 works though....