Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/16 19:41:38 UTC

JAX-WS 2.1

Hi,

I'm working on JAX-WS 2.1 upgrade in Geronimo and right now I'm
looking into any issues with JAX-WS 2.1 and OpenEJB that I discovered
through my work in Geronimo. So far I've found one issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-917. I would appreciate
if somebody could take a look at the patch attached to the bug and
comment or suggest better ways of doing things or apply it.

Also, where does org.apache.openejb:javaee-api come from? I can't find
source for this package. Can it be updated to have JAX-WS 2.1 API in
it? Or maybe we could just add a dependency on Geronimo JAX-WS 2.1
spec jar to the appropriate modules. That way you could remove the
javax/xml/ws packages from openejb-core or openejb-client modules.

Thanks,
Jarek

Re: JAX-WS 2.1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Committed in trunk, publishing new snapshots.

Re: JAX-WS 2.1

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Re: JAX-WS 2.1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Hi Jarek,

On Sep 16, 2008, at 10:41 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:

> I'm working on JAX-WS 2.1 upgrade in Geronimo and right now I'm
> looking into any issues with JAX-WS 2.1 and OpenEJB that I discovered
> through my work in Geronimo. So far I've found one issue:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-917. I would appreciate
> if somebody could take a look at the patch attached to the bug and
> comment or suggest better ways of doing things or apply it.

Looks pretty good to me.  I'd also be fine with moving the
EjbWsContext copies into the core.webservices package.  I'll hold off
for another package if you wanted to do that or else I'll just apply
this tomorrow.

> Also, where does org.apache.openejb:javaee-api come from? I can't find
> source for this package. Can it be updated to have JAX-WS 2.1 API in
> it? Or maybe we could just add a dependency on Geronimo JAX-WS 2.1
> spec jar to the appropriate modules. That way you could remove the
> javax/xml/ws packages from openejb-core or openejb-client modules.

We used the maven shade plugin to repackage all the spec jars into one
uber jar.  We could roll another jar that has the jax-ws 2.1 apis in
there.  Would there be any issues with that other than jar size?

-David