Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Paras Lehana <pa...@indiamart.com> on 2020/01/09 13:19:19 UTC

Add Solr files to VCS (GIT)

Hi Community,

We have just set up a new server with Solr 8.4 on production. Instead of
changing files like solrconfig and solr.in.sh by logging on the server, we
are planning to have some VCS. We have integrated GIT on our server but, as
other servers, there is a single directory where git files are supposed to
be uploaded.

We have followed "Taking Solr to production" and thus our core conf files
live in /var/solr/data/core/conf while solr.in.sh is in /etc/default/.

What is your preferred method to integrate VCS for files like these? For a
workaround, I'm thinking of changing these files with symbolic links that
will point to git files. Or we can have an automated process (like rsync)
to copy files.

Just asking the community how they manage version control for Solr files.

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--
*
*

 <https://www.facebook.com/IndiaMART/videos/578196442936091/>

Re: Add Solr files to VCS (GIT)

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
For master/slave clusters, we have a deploy step that copies the config files
to each server. Then we restart the Solr process. We do that one at a time for
minimal service interruption.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Add Solr files to VCS (GIT)

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
If you only have one server, that isn’t production or search isn’t important.

So it doesn’t really matter how you update it.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Add Solr files to VCS (GIT)