Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/12 08:33:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Installation Error in Apache2

Hello

When I try to install Apache2 on Ubuntu using the command

"sudo apt-get install apache2 apache2-doc apache2-utils"

It throws up the following error:

*Syntax error on line 17 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf*
*SSLv3 not supported by this version of OpenSSL*
*Action 'configtest' failed*

Anyone has any clue on how to resolve the error?

Thank You
Deepak

Deepak
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are
treated. Please stop cruelty to Animals, become a Vegan"

+91 73500 12833
deicool@gmail.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool

"Plant a Tree, Go Green"

Make In India : http://www.makeinindia.com/home

Re: [users@httpd] Installation Error in Apache2

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
The purge worked! Thank You Y :)

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel <df...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Gingras <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
> On 12 May 2018, at 09:33, Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Anyone has any clue on how to resolve the error?

Looks clear enough to me.  Either turn off SSL, or update your OpenSSL install.

If this was a first-time install of any "apache2" package, and if your OpenSSL
is also ubuntu's package (as opposed to your own or a third-party), then it