Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ferran Parra <fe...@mubimedia.com> on 2003/03/17 15:32:29 UTC

validation.xml and Timestamp

I'm using struts validator for all dates and it works fine for simple dates.
The entry in validation.xml file is like this.

          <field    property="eventDate"
              depends="required,date">
               <arg0 key="eventForm.eventDate.displayname"/>
                     <var>
                       <var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
                       <var-value>dd/MM/yyyy </var-value>
                     </var>
            </field>

How can i validate datetime field using the same procedure using  format
string "dd/MM/yyyy HH:SS" (timeStamp)?

Ferran Parra
ferran_p@mubimedia.com
http://www.mubimedia.com
MUBIMEDIA S.L.
C/ Mallorca, 275, 1r 2a 08008 BCN
Tel: 93 215 21 91 / Fax: 93 215 41 21

Re: validation.xml and Timestamp

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.
You could certainly use a depends='mask' and the appropriate regular
expression.

-jeff