Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/04 10:08:45 UTC

Re: Documentation in general

Am 04.09.13 08:26, schrieb Lukasz Lenart:
> 2013/9/3 Steven Benitez <st...@gmail.com>:
>> I'm not sure that this would be a good fit for Struts2, but I'll throw the
>> idea out there anyway.
>>
>> On my current project, we needed a way to have an internal documentation
>> site and I am using Jekyll, Github's open source content generator (the
>> same engine that powers Github Pages). The actual documentation are stored
>> as markdown files in Git (could be in the S2 repository).
>>
>> http://jekyllrb.com/
> Good idea and we were talking about that - but first we must export
> all the docs from Confluence to markdown format, setup comments engine
> and so on - lot of work :-) But definitely is worth to engage as the
> current ApacheCMS/SvnPubSub mechanism is a bit painful when used with
> Confluence ;-) And thus allows contribute patches to documentation :-)
>
> Anyway, before we can start, docs must contain all the data - not to
> be spread throughout the source code (example snippets, tag reference)
I love Jekyll myself, +1 on that.

Can we export the docs in some way already? How can this be done?

Posted by Ken McWilliams <ke...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Lukasz,

I have a document saying I have a "Confluence"/cwiki.apache.org account:
registered with the email address ken.mcwilliams@gmail.com and the username
Quaternion.
Sounds good, I'll certainly have some questions regarding current document
structure, might want to document those too ;) one of the motivations was
the tag reference... the "evaluated" field is _always_ false!

Regards,

Ken McWilliams

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ken McWilliams <ke...@gmail.com>.