Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Stefano Bianchi <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/22 11:44:34 UTC

List of possible mesos tasks to run

I guys.
I have finally deployed my disttibuted mesos cluster. Of course im on
openstack and it is a simplified view of a real distributing cluster,
however mesos is able to disttibute tasks ok different networks.
Now i need to test come long running applications that can be launched from
marathon. I mean something that is visually viewable from my web browser.
I am not so aware of these apps do i would ask to you soke suggestions.
My department would like, for instance, run hadoop, i mean from marathon
launch hadoop which will be allocated to a certain slave. Is it possible? I
m open to other sugvestions.

Best regards and thanks  to all of you

Stefano

Re: List of possible mesos tasks to run

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
>I mean something that is visually viewable from my web browser. I am not
so aware of these apps do i would ask to you soke suggestions.
If you just want run something in marathon. I think you could start a exist
web app from DockerHub instead of Hadoop. Because Hadoop is more complex
than a simple web app.

But if you really need running Hadoop on Mesos, I think could use
https://github.com/mesos/hadoop or
https://github.com/apache/incubator-myriad

--
Best Regards,