Posted to community@apache.org by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org> on 2003/07/18 07:08:42 UTC

Re: [l10n] localisation infrastructure

Noel, All
(This is cross-posted to community@ and site-dev@james .. sorry)

Well, as far as james website translation (to japanese) is concerned,
I think it gives us at least a  *light* upon the consideration of the
internationalization(i18n)/localization(l10n)/multilingualization(m17n).

Please give me more time.

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org) --  AIM# tkitahata

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:48:34 -0400
(Subject: RE: [l10n] localisation infrastructure (was Re: [i18n] Internationalization project))

E-mail: kitahata@bb.mbn.or.jp : tetsuya@apache.org
http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Apache Jakarta Translation, Japanese)
http://jakarta.terra-intl.com/

Re: [l10n] localisation infrastructure

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Hi Danny,

CC-ed : Remy Maucherat

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:19:21 +0100
"Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org> wrote:

> > There might be the best solution for putting the translation
> > efforts, but I am just wondering how to implement.
> > Please give me more time.
>
> I certainly don't mean to resist your efforts, I'm just concerned about what
> would happen if for some reason you were no longer available to maintain
> James Japanese translation.
>
> I'm confident that you'll make a reasonable proposal, and look forward to
> it.

I think there are some talks about the tomcat 5.0 test env
on apache.org.
# at infrastructure@

I am wondering the "translation effort" sites might be sure to fit
to the tomcat 5.0 test environment, no doubt.
# Hey, Apache-Wide website translation effort offers the *best* test env
# for tomcat!! What do you think? >> Remy

... However, there is 2 problems ... MONEY and SERVER (machine+man)

uhmmmm...
(Still wondering ...... )

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

Re: [l10n] localisation infrastructure

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Hi Danny,

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
Tetsuya,

> Sure. I think status quo is important.
<snip>

> There might be the best solution for putting the translation
> efforts, but I am just wondering how to implement.
> Please give me more time.

I certainly don't mean to resist your efforts, I'm just concerned about what
would happen if for some reason you were no longer available to maintain
James Japanese translation.

I'm confident that you'll make a reasonable proposal, and look forward to
it.

> http://jakarta.apache-korea.org/james/

Interesting, thanks.

d.

RE: [l10n] localisation infrastructure

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
Tetsuya,

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Danny, All,

Sure. I think status quo is important.
Luckily, (and thanks to all the infrastructure team members and board)
I got an account on daedalus, I am now *exploring* under the /x2/www/
directory.  If I do not have basic knowledge on daedalus, my
*imaginary-best-idea* might be meaningless...

There might be the best solution for putting the translation
efforts, but I am just wondering how to implement.
Please give me more time.

cf. James Website Translation into Korean:
http://jakarta.apache-korea.org/james/

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)

P.S.  If I describe the condition of /x2/www/jakarta.apache.org/
in one word which came to my mind, it might be .. *CreteLabylinth*
, big spectacle :D

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:27:41 +0100
(Subject: RE: [l10n] localisation infrastructure)

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Danny, All,

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org> writes:

> What this means is that the Japanese is available but is not
> authoritative.  If we publish Japanese on james.apache.org this
> would be seen as authoritative and MUST therefore to be up-to-date
> and accurate.

What I do is publish very visibly the version that the translation is
based on, as well as the version of the main document, so that users
can compare, and decide for themselves.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/