Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Moser, Christian" <cm...@metrohm.com> on 2010/11/25 07:24:43 UTC

Maven 3.0 timestamp

I wonder in which specific time/timezone maven 3.0 writes the timestamp
into maven-metadata for local and remote artifacts? Is it supposed to
write GMT  + 0:0 or the same time set on the local machine, in my case
GMT + 1:0? There could be a problem because recently I had a different
timestamp in the local repository (GMT + 1:0) and in artifactory (GMT
0:0). Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce it yet but it's causing
now and then hard to find problems in our build system..

- Christian

Re: Maven 3.0 timestamp

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Moser, Christian <cm...@metrohm.com> wrote:
> I wonder in which specific time/timezone maven 3.0 writes the timestamp
> into maven-metadata for local and remote artifacts? Is it supposed to
> write GMT  + 0:0 or the same time set on the local machine, in my case

Maven 2.x writes the timestamp data using GMT+0:0. I have no specific
knowledge that M3 does the same, but cannot imagine it would have been
changed -- that would potentially break a lot of things in difficult
to diagnose ways.

Wayne