Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org> on 2017/04/14 07:46:35 UTC

Subject: Proposal for new website

Hello,

We would like to propose some website improvements. They include:

 - A new responsive, modern and appealing homepage for the James project
 - We keep the main website the same but:
   - We improve side menu navigation with a single side menu, all across
the website
   - Make top menu consistent
   - We revisited some critical pages, and tried to make it more consistent
   - Remove most stable
   - We re-wrote pages about performance, migration support, etc...
   - Landing page of old website have been made more user friendly.
 - News have been moved to homepage

The improvement of the website is an important milestone towards James
3.0 release.

You can view the result online: http://62.210.100.33

Now we will:

 - Welcome feed-backs for one week (until 21/04/2017 10 am UTC+1)
 - Then we will call for vote of the final result (from 21/04/2017 to
28/04/2017 10 am UTC+1)
 - When approved, we will commit the changes to the current website

Cheers,