Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es> on 2002/05/11 01:28:04 UTC

[JK2] The IIS Connector is ( more or less ) working!!

Good news, finally got the time to catch the last blocking bug in IIS
jk2 connector, well big words ;),  at least now we can issue tests to
discover new bugs :), isapi_redirector2.dll is mostly working !!  ;)

I will clean a bit the registry configs needed, right now the code gets
4 registry settings:  extension_uri, server_root,uri_select,
worker_file.

I think we can use "server_root", and use relative paths from there from
the wk2.p file, and get rid of "worker_file".

"uri_select" ? wk2.p let us specify the uri_select setting, so is needed
to have this in the registry?

Right now i'm trying some tests, later i will try  watchdog, to see what
happens, some ab.. :) and so on..

I will try to see if i can get JNI to work, it seems i need APR in IIS
too, right?

Costin, Can you summarize a bit, what i need to build and use to have
tc33 & tc40 working with JNI?

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

Re: [JK2] The IIS Connector is ( more or less ) working!!

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On Sat, 11 May 2002, Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

> Costin, Can you summarize a bit, what i need to build and use to have
> tc33 & tc40 working with JNI?

Not much - you do need APR, you should use the version that is bundled
with  Apache2.0 ( the DLL and includes ).

Then compile with HAVE_JNI enabled, check the config of [vm], [worker.jni]
and [channel.jni].

The [vm] objects deals with loading the VM - it needs classpath and all
the params.

[worker.jni] will execute a class ( calling main() ), you can include as
many as you want ( but of course you need TomcatStarter if you want to run
a version of tomcat ).

[channel.jni] will forward the requests.

You'll probably need to fix AprImpl a bit, right now there is a mod_jk.so
hardcoded and probably few other things need to change to get it to work
on windows. If you can wait till next week, I can help with this part.

One important piece ( not related directly with jni ) is the jk_shm object
and Shm on java side. Those will play an important role, and we need to
get them working on windows. Shm is not a big problem, if we get into
problems we can use JDK1.4's nio - i.e. no JNI is needed.

Costin