Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by nur hazwani <hu...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/05/18 07:29:08 UTC

to spam email using bayesian analysis

Hi All,

  I'm wany,

Downloaded James 2.3.1, platform-windows-NT, Java 2 SDK 1.4,MySQL version 1.4

  i can run my James, my James can work properly,but i want to spam email using bayesian analysis in JAMES, but it's cannot do it!
  i also can connect with MySQL database and i create mail database. in mail database, i have bayesiananalysis_ham,bayesiananalysis_messagecounts,bayesiananalysis_spam, inbox,spool,deadletter tables in mail database.

  i also have uncomment that related with Bayesian Analysis and bayesian Analysis Feeder in config.xml. i try to send spam email, but they cannot filter spam into database.

  i need help to filter spam email using bayesian analysis...........plz help me..........urgent!

  thanks a lot..........

---------------------------------
 Inbox full of unwanted email? Get leading protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail.

Re: to spam email using bayesian analysis

Posted by "rociel.buico@gmail.com" <ro...@gmail.com>.
yep, thats correct
you have to have a set of spam and ham emails
then thats where your engine will base, and you also need to update
this from time to time
as the spam keeps finding way ...
you might want also to use lucene as your search engine

-buics

On 5/18/07, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> nur hazwani ha scritto:
> > Hi All,
> > I'm wany,
> >
> > Downloaded James 2.3.1, platform-windows-NT, Java 2 SDK 1.4,MySQL
> > version 1.4
> > i can run my James, my James can work properly,but i want to spam email
> > using bayesian analysis in JAMES, but it's cannot do it!
> > i also can connect with MySQL database and i create mail database. in
> > mail database, i have
> > bayesiananalysis_ham,bayesiananalysis_messagecounts,bayesiananalysis_spam,
> > inbox,spool,deadletter tables in mail database.
> >
> > i also have uncomment that related with Bayesian Analysis and bayesian
> > Analysis Feeder in config.xml. i try to send spam email, but they cannot
> > filter spam into database.
> >
> > i need help to filter spam email using bayesian analysis...........plz
> > help me..........urgent!
> >
> > thanks a lot..........
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/james/Bayesian_Analysis
>
> Btw, you have to train the filter: bayesian needs training (or you need
> an existing spam/ham corpus).
>
> Stefano

"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute."

- Abelson & Sussman, SICP, preface to the first edition

Re: to spam email using bayesian analysis

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.