Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by tBB <tb...@hideout.ath.cx> on 2004/02/24 15:43:59 UTC

Re[2]: Pyzor, Razor, and DCC in Windows

Hi,

> "I initially had the same problem when I moved to SA2.63+pop3proxy this
> week.  The instructions at http://www.openhandhome.com/howtosa.html
> point out the need to add
>   SET RES_NAMESERVERS=ipaddress [ipaddress2 [ipaddress3]]
> to spamassassin.bat and sa-learn.bat, which sets a temporary
> environment variable for the life of either of those scripts.  However,
> since pop3proxy invokes SpamAssassin directly rather than via a batch
> file, SA wasn't picking up the DNS addresses when pop3proxy invoked it.
>
> To solve the problem, I created a system environment variable (Control
> Panel - System - Advanced - Environment Variables) called
> RES_NAMESERVERS and set it to the addresses of my nameservers.  This
> makes the information available to every process on the machine, and
> precludes the need to add it to the individual batch files.  Works like
> a charm, and I only need to update the addresses in one place if they
> ever change."

Uhm..does that mean dcc/razor/pyzor are working on your system? As far
as I know the instructions (howtosa.html) just point out how to get SA
running under win32 at all but  that was not the initial question. It's
also possible to compile SA to a standalone .exe (as I pointed out on
the SAProxy mailinglist) with the latest Net::Dns module but that
doesn't solve the dcc/razor/pyzor problem.

Regards, Nico

- Mailto: tbb@hideout.ath.cx
- No HTML mails please

Re[6]: Pyzor, Razor, and DCC in Windows

Posted by tBB <tb...@hideout.ath.cx>.
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:28:52 -0600
"Jon Etkins" <ec...@mira.net> wrote:

> Yeah, I guess I should have said "If anyone comes up with a way to do
> so AND CARES TO SHARE IT WITH THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED DEVELOP THEIR
> PRODUCT IN THE FIRST PLACE, I'm sure I and a bunch of other folks would
> be glad to hear about it."

Completely agree!

Taken from the SAProxy page:
SAproxy Pro complies with the Perl Artistic License in the following
way:
    * Following 3(a) by placing the modifications in the Public Domain
    * Following 4(b)  by distributing a standard version of SpamAssassin and
SAproxy which are available here http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=25457
under the "spamassassin" and "pop3" modules, respectively

The source code for SAproxy can be browsed at the Sourceforge CVS page.
To obtain the original SpamAssassin product distribution, visit
http://www.spamassassin.org/. If the original products are no longer
available at these sites, contact Stata Labs for assistance.

Last update to the pop3proxy.pl at sourceforge is older than 8 month ;(

Regards, Nico

- Mailto: tbb@hideout.ath.cx
- No HTML mails please

Re: Re[4]: Pyzor, Razor, and DCC in Windows

Posted by Jon Etkins <ec...@mira.net>.

Posted by tBB <tb...@hideout.ath.cx>.
Hi

Re: Re[2]: Pyzor, Razor, and DCC in Windows

Posted by Jon Etkins <ec...@mira.net>.
The post that was cited below was mine, so I guess I'll answer the
question. :)  No, it does not mean that dcc/razor/pyzor are working
under win32.  My suggestion was originally in response to someone who
was having trouble getting the RBL tests to work when invoking SA from
pop3proxy, though they were working fine if he invoked SA from the
command line.

AFAIK, nobody has yet gotten dcc/razor/pyzor working under win32.  If
you come up with a way to do so, I'm sure I and a bunch of other folks
would be glad to hear about it.

Cheers,
  Jon Etkins
  Austin, TX