Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Bradley Burke <bb...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/12 17:19:42 UTC

ChainedFilter XOR

I was looking for a way to implement an XOR (this or that but not
both) operator.  It looks like lucene (java version) uses Chained
Filters (org.apache.lucene.misc.ChainedFilter) to achieve this
functionality.  I was poking around in Lucene.Net src and contrib and
did not see it.  Maybe I missed it or maybe there is another way?

Thanks.

RE: ChainedFilter XOR

Posted by Derrick Okundaye <De...@thomastelford.com>.
Hi Bradley,

Have you looked at the Boolean query class?

Derrick Okundaye

.Net Developer

Thomas Telford Limited

1 Heron Quay

London E14 4JD

Tel: +44 (0)20 7665 2456

Fax: +44 (0)20 7537 2529

E-mail: derrick.okundaye@thomastelford.com

www.thomastelford.com

Civil engineers at the heart of society, delivering sustainable
development through knowledge, skills and professional expertise.

I was looking for a way to implement an XOR (this or that but not
both) operator.  It looks like lucene (java version) uses Chained
Filters (org.apache.lucene.misc.ChainedFilter) to achieve this
functionality.  I was poking around in Lucene.Net src and contrib and
did not see it.  Maybe I missed it or maybe there is another way?

Thanks.

service on behalf of the Institution of Civil Engineers. For more
information on a proactive anti-virus service working

This communication, and the information it contains: (a) is intended for the person(s) or organisation(s) named above and for no other persons or organisations and (b) may be confidential and protected by law. Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful.

Thomas Telford Ltd
Company Registration No: 2556636
Registered Office: 1-7 Great George Street, London SW1P 3AA.

service on behalf of the Institution of Civil Engineers. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working