Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jimisola Laursen <li...@jimisola.com> on 2006/07/06 12:04:46 UTC

Getting jar library filenames of dependencies

Hi!

Is there a way to have Maven use dependencies is pom.xml to output the
filenames (incl path) of the jar files?

E.g. a project has a dependency on junit 3.8.2 in its pom.xml.

I run: mvn dependency:jar-files and it outputs

/home/jimisola/.m2/repository/junit/junit/3.8.2/junit-3.8.2.jar

I also need to be able to select and/or see scopes.

The only thing I found so far that seem the be even close to this is the
Dependency Plugin
(http://mojo.codehaus.org/dependency-maven-plugin/howto.html).

If there is no plugin with this functionality would it be best to add this
functionality to the dependency plugin or to create new one?

Regards,
Jimisola

Re: Getting jar library filenames of dependencies

Posted by Jimisola Laursen <li...@jimisola.com>.
The unreleased versions 1.1/2.0 of Maven 2.x Dependency Plugin have some
support for this using mvn dependency:resolve.