Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Prashant Pasricha <pr...@globallogic.com.INVALID> on 2016/11/22 10:49:34 UTC

Issue creating Partitions on Apache DS (Standalone)

Dear Team,

Hope you are doing well.

We are using Apache Directory Studio (Standalone mode) for one of our
projects and the project has been working fine.

We have a new requirement where we need to make Apache DS Tenant aware,
i.e. we need to create separate partitions for each organization / client
and load their LDIF file in their partition.

However, we are struggling to create partitions on the Apache Directory
Studio (Standalone installation) programmatically using Java. We are able
to find many examples, but each example relates to creating partitions on
Embedded Server. However, we want to try the same on a standalone Apache DS
Server.

The User Guide given on website is mostly blank (refer
http://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide/3.5-ldif-dsml.html) and we need
your help to understand the API that needs to be utilized.

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

*Prashant Pasricha*
*Solution Architect - Technology*
GlobalLogic | www.globallogic.com
Tower A, Oxygen Park, Plot No.7,
Sector-144, Noida Expressway,
Noida, Uttar Pradesh – 201304
India
M +91.9871224414 E prashant.pasricha@globallogic.com

Re: Issue creating Partitions on Apache DS (Standalone)

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 22/11/16 à 11:49, Prashant Pasricha a écrit :
> Dear Team,
>
> Hope you are doing well.
>
> We are using Apache Directory Studio (Standalone mode) for one of our
> projects and the project has been working fine.
>
> We have a new requirement where we need to make Apache DS Tenant aware,
> i.e. we need to create separate partitions for each organization / client
> and load their LDIF file in their partition.
>
> However, we are struggling to create partitions on the Apache Directory
> Studio (Standalone installation) programmatically using Java. We are able
> to find many examples, but each example relates to creating partitions on
> Embedded Server. However, we want to try the same on a standalone Apache DS
> Server.

Not sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to configure a server
so that it has many user partitions, injecting the configuration as DIF ?

Or are you trying to add partitions using Java code ?

Re: Fwd: Issue creating Partitions on Apache DS (Standalone)

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 25/11/16 à 07:06, Prashant Pasricha a écrit :
> Dear Team,
>
> Can you please help with some reference or example.

Hi,

as I said in my previous response, can you provide an explicit
explaination of what you are tryin to do ?

--

Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Fwd: Issue creating Partitions on Apache DS (Standalone)

Posted by Prashant Pasricha <pr...@globallogic.com>.
Dear Team,

Can you please help with some reference or example.

Regards,
Prashant