Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/28 00:41:38 UTC

When should we merge Master to 2.9.x, also how long do we support this?

Hey

I know that we've mentioned this in prior threads, but here's the two
big questions:

1. When should we do the merge? I'm going to merge Android's master to
2.9.x on Friday if I don't hear anything.  I believe that Steve and
other people working on the plugin breakout are going to merge the
3.0.0 feature branch into master sometime next week, but I wanted to
check to see what's up.

2. How long are we supporting 2.9.x.  I heard 6 months being batted
around.  I think that's an appropriate amount of time to support the
2.x branch of Cordova with maintenance releases.  What do other people
think?

Thoughts

Joe

Re: When should we merge Master to 2.9.x, also how long do we support this?

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey
>
> I know that we've mentioned this in prior threads, but here's the two
> big questions:
>
> 1. When should we do the merge? I'm going to merge Android's master to
> 2.9.x on Friday if I don't hear anything.  I believe that Steve and
> other people working on the plugin breakout are going to merge the
> 3.0.0 feature branch into master sometime next week, but I wanted to
> check to see what's up.

I see no reason to wait. I can do it tomorrow morning.

> 2. How long are we supporting 2.9.x.  I heard 6 months being batted
> around.  I think that's an appropriate amount of time to support the
> 2.x branch of Cordova with maintenance releases.  What do other people
> think?

I think this will depend on 3.0 adoption. Not sure how to measure that
though. Maybe via JIRA complains or PhoneGapBuild usage?