Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mark Riehl <ma...@agilecommunications.com> on 2001/10/18 14:30:31 UTC

Xerces-P and Win2k

All - I'd like to use a copy of Xerces-P under Win2k.  I know it's not
officially supported, but I was going to try and see how hard it would be to
port it.

I was originally trying to use Xerces-C 1.5.1 and Xerces-P 1.5.7.  However,
I'm having trouble trying to get this combination up and running under
Linux, so I'd anticipate more problems under Windows.

I saw some traffic on the Xerces-C group referring to memory leaks in 1.5.1.
Which versions of Xerces-C and Xerces-P would you recommend that would give
me the best chance to get something up and running under Win2k?

Any other suggestions/tricks I should know about?

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Riehl
Agile Communications, Inc.

Re: Xerces-P and Win2k

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Mark Riehl" <ma...@agilecommunications.com> writes:

> All - I'd like to use a copy of Xerces-P under Win2k.  I know it's
> not officially supported, but I was going to try and see how hard it
> would be to port it.

I will personally kiss your feet when you succeed!! I do not believe
it should be all that dificult, just getting the windows-specific
compile flags correct.

> I was originally trying to use Xerces-C 1.5.1 and Xerces-P 1.5.7.  However,
> I'm having trouble trying to get this combination up and running under
> Linux, so I'd anticipate more problems under Windows.

Yes, I've posted a couple messages to the list about this. The
Xerces-C team changed the API between 1.5.1 and the 1.5.2 prereleases,
so you cannot compile XML::Xerces-1.5.7 with Xerces-C-1.5.1

> I saw some traffic on the Xerces-C group referring to memory leaks
> in 1.5.1.  Which versions of Xerces-C and Xerces-P would you
> recommend that would give me the best chance to get something up and
> running under Win2k?

Xerces-C-1.5.2 will be released soon. In the meantime you need the
latest nightly build:

http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/nightly/

jas.