Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by fangfang cai <fc...@findlaw.com> on 2003/02/11 18:17:53 UTC

FW: input validation of Tomcat admin tool not working

Hi,
Is anyone experienced this before and can give me a clue?

I am trying to add a new user or define a new role with  Tomcat Web
Administration Tool.

If you enter the non-valid input(s) (i.e. empty user name or have a quote in
password),  the exception error messages will be returned.
The input validation part seems not working.

So I tried to modify the code and some jsp pages of admin part which it
should be fairly simple to make it work.

But it is not! Is there any existing problems in this part of code?

I am using Tomcat 4.1.18 on Linux machine.

Thanks,

Fang