Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Shweta Bodade <sh...@in.ness.com> on 2006/02/13 07:03:33 UTC

About running a ANT script on UNIX.

I have created a file which deploys a simple web application in tomcat

In Windows I want it should be able to deploy application in Unix also

For that I need to wrtite a properties file

Can anyone send me some kind of sample which will help me understand the
concept

Its very very imp for me..

Thanks and regards in advance

RE: About running a ANT script on UNIX.

Posted by bill/wilandra <bi...@wilandra.com>.
In Ant the properties file is a Java PropertiesResourceBundle class. The
concept of a properties file is pretty simple. The properties file contains
a set of lines that have the general format of key=value. The key, =, and
value must all reside on the same line in the file. The keys must all be
unique within the context of the file. The file name must have an extension
of properties and must be accessible at run time.

Now, do you have a specific problem related to Ant? Further, what have you
tried and what does not work?

It has been stated many times on this list that you need to be specific with
your questions. Many of us are consultants who get paid to do this kind of
work and are not going to write your Ant file for you for free. It is very
very imp for me to get paid for my work.

Bill