Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2018/07/15 07:09:31 UTC

Versions after 0.2.0

Hi,

Ratis 0.2.0 is released, the ratis-0.2.0-rc2 tag is tagged with ratis-0.2.0.

I changed the pom version to 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT (on top of the ratis-0.2.0
commit) and merged back the changes to the master.

With this approach the 0.2.0 tag is a parent of any new commit and 'git
describe' works well.

1.) I didn't create 0.2 branch, yet. If anybody see the demand to create
some lightweight bugfix release 0.2.1, please say so.

I prefer to create more frequent releases instead. (Unless Ozone
requires a bugfix release ASAP).

2.) Can somebody with Jira admin privilege please create version 0.3.0
in Jira?

Thanks a lot,
Marton

Re: Versions after 0.2.0

Posted by Anu Engineer <ae...@hortonworks.com>.
>    1.) I didn't create 0.2 branch, yet. If anybody see the demand to create
>    some lightweight bugfix release 0.2.1, please say so.

+1, let us shoot for 0.3.0-alpha release; we can always open a 0.2.0 branch later if needed.

>    2.) Can somebody with Jira admin privilege please create version 0.3.0
>    in Jira?

Done, I have marked 0.2.0 as released, and opened a new release 0.3.0-alpha.

Thanks for the releasing Ratis 0.2.0-alpha.

Thanks
Anu