Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/08 18:02:30 UTC

TAP5 (Support pseudo nested JPA transactions) merged

I just pushed a new JPA feature for T5.5, see
https://github.com/apache/tapestry5/commit/5047220cfe9a6f8a640fb10f0e3de266af51630f.
There's one issue though - I had to add annotations to a test service
*interface* (UserDAO) to make one test, specifically
JpaIntegrationTestWithAnnotationsInServiceImplementation work. I'm really
not sure why at this point but I wanted to push it now for all to take a
look at. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the advice
implementation, what's wrong with
https://github.com/apache/tapestry5/blob/master/tapestry-jpa/src/main/java/org/apache/tapestry5/internal/jpa/JpaTransactionAdvisorImpl.java
?

Additionally, are you guys able to run the Selenium integrations
successfully from the IDE? I am not, not sure why and it makes it awfully
hard to debug.

Kalle

Re: TAP5 (Support pseudo nested JPA transactions) merged

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Somehow I left the issue number out from the title - it's TAP5-2553
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2553>.

Kalle

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 03:11:33 -0300, Kalle Korhonen
<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been doing this long enough that I know the likeliest source of a
> bug is in my own code :) Just didn't see one now but oh well, I'll dig
> it out.

And if you find your code is correct but mine isn't, please let me know so
I can fix it. ;)

>> Selenium is discontinued as far as I know.
>

> What? That's news to me, can you provide a reference? I tell you, so many
> parts of Tapestry are so elegant, but testing both with Easymock and
> Selenium sometimes feels arcane to me compared to Geb, Mockito and
> HtmlUnit
> (and no, not signing up to rewrite the 1500 tests we have...).

Well, Selenium RC, the API the most of our Tapestry tests use, is
deprecated, and Selenium WebDriver is its replacement. There's
WebDriverBackedSelenium, a Selenium RC interface based on WebDriver, which
we could try to use in our tests. Selenium 3.0 will remove the RC API
completely.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br

Re: TAP5 (Support pseudo nested JPA transactions) merged

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
Yay! Thanks, Kalle!