Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mirko Novakovic <mi...@provinzial.com> on 2003/07/24 08:52:19 UTC

Sources for .jars

Hi,

are there any plans to add the sources and docs for the jars to the
repository?

I am using the Eclipse plugin, that generates me the classpath and the
project file. Eclipse has the nice feature to add the sources and
javadoc to any jar in the workbench. That lets you browse the javadoc
inside
the IDE (including the nice tooltips when you drag the mouse over a
class, method, etc) and is good if you are debugging the code. I think
it would be very easy to extend the plugin that it generates the
information. The problem ist where to hold the sources and javadoc...

Mirko

Re: Sources for .jars

Posted by Mirko Novakovic <mi...@provinzial.com>.
I've created a feature request MAVEN-606...

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

>It would be nice to have a -src.jar available in the repository, but I
>don't believe anyone's raised it as a request.
>--
>dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
>Blog:      http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/
>

>"Mirko Novakovic" <mi...@provinzial.com> wrote on 24/07/2003
>04:52:19 PM:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>are there any plans to add the sources and docs for the jars to the
>>repository?
>>
>>I am using the Eclipse plugin, that generates me the classpath and the
>>project file. Eclipse has the nice feature to add the sources and
>>javadoc to any jar in the workbench. That lets you browse the javadoc
>>inside
>>the IDE (including the nice tooltips when you drag the mouse over a
>>class, method, etc) and is good if you are debugging the code. I think
>>it would be very easy to extend the plugin that it generates the
>>information. The problem ist where to hold the sources and javadoc...
>>
>>Mirko

Re: Sources for .jars

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.