Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Ryan Rhodes <ry...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/31 16:55:11 UTC

Automatic creation of user nodes in slide

I read somewhere that slide would automatically create a new user node when
a new user is authenticated by Tomcat.  We are trying to setup Tomcat/Slide
to authenticate users against an LDAP directory, but we do not want to have
to run any batch processes to add user nodes.  We just want the node to be
created whenever a new user is authenticated.  We DO NOT necessarily need
ACL to be mapped from the directory.  We can manage ACL in slide.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

RE: Automatic creation of user nodes in slide

Posted by Michael Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
Ok, so what if you need roles? The mkcol /slide/users/newuser does seem
to always create the user principal so the user can access, but it
doesn't seem to pick up the Tomcat role until we modify the metadata xml
for the /slide/roles/ to add that newuser in the member set.

Is manually modifying the role metadata xml the only way?

Would it be logical and practical to let the child nodes of
/slide/roles/root/ be the members of the role root?  i.e.
/slide/roles/user/newuser would put the newuser in the role of user
member set?

Michael Oliver
CTO
Matrix Intermedia Inc
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85747
Phone +1 (520) 574-1150
Fax +1 (520) 844-1036
ICQ#: 318986322

Current ICQ status:
*  More ways to contact me

> I read somewhere that slide would automatically create a new user node
> when a new user is authenticated by Tomcat.  We are trying to setup
> Tomcat/Slide to authenticate users against an LDAP directory, but we
> do not want to have to run any batch processes to add user nodes.  We
> just want the node to be created whenever a new user is authenticated.
> We DO NOT necessarily need ACL to be mapped from the directory.  We
> can manage ACL in slide.

Add
   <auto-create-users>true</auto-create-users>
to your Domain.xml below the   <filespath />
element.

This works fine as long as you do not need roles.

Martin

Re: Automatic creation of user nodes in slide

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.