Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2004/08/12 21:44:20 UTC

Any objection to posting Turbine 2.4 Milestone 1

Hi guys..

In the tradition of the Eclipse project and it's many many milestones, I
wanted to see about publishing a 2.4 Milestone 1 tomorrow.  Basically, there
are various projects that are using various flavors of Turbine 2.4.

Antelope, any META Turbine 2.4 flavor, and my personal copy of Scarab all
come to mind.

It would be nice for people to have a version called turbine-2.4-m1.jar that
would be an explicit line in the sand in terms of features.  It would
include the pipeline, PipelineData, and everything else we have done in 2.4.
It won't include any changes/resolution to updating the Avalon container
used in Turbine.  It also won't include any of the new Fulcrum equivalents
to Turbine services that haven't already been integrated.

Any objections?  I don't want to go through a full test cycle etc, and don't
think I need to call a vote?

Eric

Re: Any objection to posting Turbine 2.4 Milestone 1

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com> writes:

>All of this sounds good.  I'll probably only get to it tomarrow. I'll deploy
>the jars somewhere convenient for you to grab them.  PS, would you mind

No problem. We should really hurry. I did the 2.3 turbine release on
2003-08-17... =8-) Maybe we can beat our "one relase per year"
cycle... :-)

>signing my upcoming configuration.jar milestone as well?  The key stuff
>seems to have totally beat me to a pulp in trying to get it to work on
>Windows.

No Windows, no Cry. ;-)

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> writes:

>Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

>>Scott, as you seem to be the lone Torque guy currently: Any objections
>>for calling a vote to release torque-3.1.1? I finally want to get an
>>"official" version of the Torque plugin out.
>>

>Give me a few days next week to have a look at the outstanding patches
>and we will try for a 3.1.1.

Sure. Maybe I'll do a 2.3.1-RC1 for Turbine this weekend and wait for the
release until Torque is ready (and commons-configuration! Go, Eric!)

	Regards
		Henning

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:

>Scott, as you seem to be the lone Torque guy currently: Any objections
>for calling a vote to release torque-3.1.1? I finally want to get an
>"official" version of the Torque plugin out.

Give me a few days next week to have a look at the outstanding patches
and we will try for a 3.1.1.

>I feel that it is time to do some maintenance releases of the various
>Turbine branches for quite some time. However, I want to sort out the
>commons-logging issue for the 2.3 branch before rolling a release. And
>I would really like to have torque-3.1.1 (not 3.2-dev or HEAD!) in a
>2.3 relase.

+1

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

RE: Any objection to posting Turbine 2.4 Milestone 1

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.