Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Grüneberg <ma...@active-group.de> on 2003/12/18 16:32:16 UTC

Possible to add or change Validatorrules at runtime?

Hi all,

I will write a application with fully dynamic htmlforms
which i can configure at runtime. For each of the fields
of such a form I will define a type (String,Number...) and
Constraints like in the validator.xml (range etc.).

My question is, is it possible to add form and fielddefinitions
to the validator at runtime?

greetings,
Martin

Re: Possible to add or change Validatorrules at runtime?

Posted by Oliver Thiel <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi Martin,

I try achieve something comparable. But I did not use the
xml validation, cause as far as I know you have to reload
the xml files - which means you have to change the web.xml
timestamp so that the server is aware of the change and
reloads ..... bla bla.

Here you are two articles dealing with dynamic forms:

Torsten Wünsch:
Javamagazin 10.2003 - Mit Struts 1.1 dynamische Eingabefelder erstellen

Sharad Acharya:
Part I:
http://www.fawcette.com/javapro/2003_11/online/dynamic_sacharya_11_11_03/
Part II:
http://www.fawcette.com/javapro/2003_11/online/dynamic_sacharya_11_17_03/

Maybe this’ll help you!
Oliver

PS Both only have a week validation. So if you have a good idea how
     to improve it, please let me know