Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2010/05/17 23:42:49 UTC

Maven 3 versions of the plugins

Lots of plugins are up for vote to be @threadSafe with Maven 3. Does
Maven 3 have any mechanism to reject plugins prior to the versions
being released? What happens if someone uses a Maven 2 version?

Paul

Re: Maven 3 versions of the plugins

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
I actually want to recommend something more formal inside of Maven. It
seems that some kind of rule should exist to force a minimum version.

Paul

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Paul

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Okay, sounds good. I thought the warning was more ominous than
desired, but after the discussion, seems appropriate. For those who
will never see this discussion, I hope the warning isn't as ominous
too.

Paul

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.
+1

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Kristian Rosenvold wrote:

> Isn't the current solution noisy enough ?

+1, looks fine to me.

> ti., 18.05.2010 kl. 13.32 -0500, skrev Paul Benedict:
>> Why would Maven allow parallel builds that are not thread-safe?

Simply because the absence of the @threadSafe annotation does not imply
that the build is actually not thread-safe. And if the dumb machine
doesn't know for sure, it's usually best to leave the decision up to the
thinking human.

Benjamin

Re: Maven 3 versions of the plugins

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.