Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2002/05/03 17:13:16 UTC

Subversion 0.12.0 released

The conquering hordes of Subversion developers are proud to announce
Subversion milestone 0.12.0.  Here are some of the user-visible
changes excerpted from our CHANGES file:

 * 'svn diff' can now compare two arbitrary URLs
 * 'svn diff' now displays property changes
 * 'svn rm' requires --force for unversioned and/or modified items
 * 'svn rm' immediately removes files & uncommitted dirs
 * 'svn mv' for WC->WC behaves like 'svn rm' with respect to the source
 * checkouts, updates, switches now print received revision on final line.
 * new 'svn info' command prints information about a versioned resource.
 * switch to 2-part conflict markers (diff3 -E) instead of 3-part (diff3 -A)
 * new bash programmable completion file
 * file's executable bit can be versioned (svn:executable prop)
 * commits and imports now support --nonrecursive option
 * new --xml option for 'svn log'
 * new 'svnadmin dump' command

And of course, numerous bugfixes and under-the-hood cleanups have
taken place as well.  See our CHANGES file and logs for full details.

As usual, you can get a tarball from our Downloads page, which can be
used to checkout the latest SVN source:

   http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDownloadList

A word of warning:  our next release will be "pre-Alpha", sometime
around the end of May.  After that, we'll essentially be working
toward a freeze an any new major features -- which will become Alpha.

Re: Subversion 0.12.0 released

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

>The conquering hordes of Subversion developers are proud to announce
>Subversion milestone 0.12.0.  Here are some of the user-visible
>changes excerpted from our CHANGES file:
>
> * 'svn diff' can now compare two arbitrary URLs
> * 'svn diff' now displays property changes

I can't seem to find the proper incantation that would make "svn diff"
show changes to (wc root) dir props. Is it just me, or does that still
not work?