Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> on 2017/11/14 14:01:09 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 (RC3)

Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC3 as the official Qpid
Dispatch Router version 1.0.0.

Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 RC3 can be found here:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.0.0-rc3/

The following issues have been fixed since RC1:

    DISPATCH-767 - Message Cut-Through/Streaming for efficient handling of
large messages
    DISPATCH-847 - Fix issues discovered by Coverity
    DISPATCH-858 - Simplify hard to follow LICENSE file
    DISPATCH-865 - Segmentation fault while running 2-node Artemis tests
    DISPATCH-867 - Messages stuck going through link route
    DISPATCH-870 - connection improperly reopened from closed connector
    DISPATCH-873 - new routes calculated wrongly after connector deletion

The following features, improvements, and bug fixes are introduced in 1.0.0:

Features:

    DISPATCH-390 - New pn_proactor-based IO driver
    DISPATCH-731 - Support wildcard tenant vhosts in address prefix
configuration
    DISPATCH-767 - Message Cut-Through/Streaming for efficient handling of
large messages
    DISPATCH-775 - allow authentication against a remote server
    DISPATCH-803 - refuse attach to undefined addresses
    DISPATCH-813 - Support wildcard format for link-routes
    DISPATCH-818 - Honor failoverList provided by connected brokers
    DISPATCH-844 - Make TLS cipher suites configurable

Improvements:

    DISPATCH-209 - Three+ router test is needed in the system test suite.
    DISPATCH-525 - What are proper names and units for protocol
configuration settings?
    DISPATCH-551 - disconnect connections that do not complete initial
protocol handshake within a given time
    DISPATCH-584 - Large, highly redundant router networks generate
excessive inter-router message traffic
    DISPATCH-744 - Reject unsettled deliveries to multicast addresses by
default
    DISPATCH-770 - Show error if creating an entity using web console fails
    DISPATCH-771 - Mark mandatory fields when creating a new entity in the
web console
    DISPATCH-788 - Create peer linkage for presettled deliveries so we can
use this to handle muticast dispositions
    DISPATCH-795 - Sort entity names on Schema page to make them easier to
find
    DISPATCH-796 - The Python and the C management agents do not have an
AMQP header in their responses.
    DISPATCH-809 - Add options to enable Sanitizers to CMake build
    DISPATCH-827 - Large message discard buffer too small
    DISPATCH-828 - Discarded message processing does not close callback
window
    DISPATCH-839 - Improve the batching of allocated objects
    DISPATCH-858 - Simplify hard to follow LICENSE file

Bugs Fixed:

    DISPATCH-421 - Toasts messages are not logged in the rolldown "logging
console"
    DISPATCH-430 - Cursor snaps way above peaks in a rate chart
    DISPATCH-571 - Driver spins when a listener accepts a socket while FDs
are all in use
    DISPATCH-737 - qdstat and qdmanage always force sasl exchange
    DISPATCH-741 - Coverity scan reported errors in Qpid Dispatch master
    DISPATCH-743 - Intermittent SSL Failure
    DISPATCH-747 - Console does not handle connection errors well
    DISPATCH-748 - Error message shown when rapidly clicking treeview on
left side of hawtio console: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property
'height' of null
    DISPATCH-749 - unmapping all link-routing addresses leaves half of
addresses mapped
    DISPATCH-750 - Missing icons and bad rendering of dynatree treeviews in
Microsoft Edge 14
    DISPATCH-752 - With more than one outbound SSL connections, failure in
one affects all others
    DISPATCH-753 - Neither version of console is usable on Internet
Explorer 10 or 11
    DISPATCH-754 - Output of qdstat shows authentication on client SSL
connections as anonymous (x.509)
    DISPATCH-756 - Fix Fedora and Ubuntu docker files to use libuv and
libwebsockets
    DISPATCH-757 - Qpid Dispatch does not compile under Ubuntu
    DISPATCH-758 - test_listen_error() in system_tests_one_router.py and
system_tests_http.py hang inside a docker environment
    DISPATCH-759 - Core thread consumed deleting deliveries
    DISPATCH-761 - Router crash on abrupt close of sender/receiver
connections
    DISPATCH-762 - Hawtio console does not show details about a connection
whereas stand-alone console does
    DISPATCH-763 - Router crashes when config file defines listener { addr:
} instead of { host: }
    DISPATCH-765 - Three unit tests failing under travis on trusty
    DISPATCH-766 - Update Dockerfile-ubuntu to include libwebsockets
    DISPATCH-768 - On topology page, show connections that go to more than
one router
    DISPATCH-769 - Links popup on topology page only shows a single link
    DISPATCH-772 - Buttons to Create and Delete entity disappear after
navigation in either version of console
    DISPATCH-777 - [system_tests_drain] pn_object_free: corrupted
double-linked list
    DISPATCH-779 - Credit is not issued for multicast address when no
receiver is connected
    DISPATCH-780 - When link is disallowed due to target/source name it
should not return amqp:resource-limit-exceeded
    DISPATCH-784 - Delivery annotations are not propagated by the router
    DISPATCH-787 - c epoll proactor can raise SIGPIPE
    DISPATCH-789 - Console breaks when quickly moving between tabs (both
hawtio and stand-alone)
    DISPATCH-790 - The right-mouse-click menu on Topology tab appears
off-center in the stand-alone console
    DISPATCH-791 - The node representing Console in Topology tab is not
displayed
    DISPATCH-792 - Freezing and moving nodes is somewhat broken (in either
version of console)
    DISPATCH-794 - Arrows in topology graph for IE 11 are hollow
    DISPATCH-798 - Policy description in Dispatch Router book seems to be
incorrect
    DISPATCH-799 - Using USE_VALGRIND does not invoke valgrind when running
tests
    DISPATCH-800 - Hawtio version of the console is unable to connect to a
router when running offline
    DISPATCH-802 - refuse transaction coordination links if they can't be
routed to a coordinator
    DISPATCH-804 - connectors ignore addr
    DISPATCH-805 - System test system_tests_sasl_plain fails in systems
with TLSv1.2
    DISPATCH-806 - Go thru every deprecated entity and make sure a warning
is put out when a deprecated entity is used.
    DISPATCH-807 - Message handling requires flow control to limit memory
consumption
    DISPATCH-808 - Setting defaultDistribution: unavailable blocks qdmanage
    DISPATCH-810 - auto link fails to trigger
    DISPATCH-811 - Attributes tab label spelled 'Attriutes'
    DISPATCH-814 - Killing qdrouterd process takes a long time
    DISPATCH-815 - shebang python (#!/usr/bin/env python) gets evaluated on
make install
    DISPATCH-816 - Router crashes if connection closed while router is
processing attach on that connection
    DISPATCH-819 - In qd_message_send function pn_link_send return value is
discarded
    DISPATCH-820 - double delete of address hash
    DISPATCH-821 - recreating an address immediately after deleting it,
results in error
    DISPATCH-822 - loss of SSL connection breaks other SSL connections
    DISPATCH-823 - Improve logging for lost connections
    DISPATCH-824 - Remove deprecated entities and attributes from the
router schema.
    DISPATCH-826 - Specifying an invalid host on the connector crashes the
router
    DISPATCH-829 - The router does not set the "aborted" indication on
truncated, streamed deliveries
    DISPATCH-835 - The DETACH/CLOSE sequence causes a memory leak
    DISPATCH-837 - Coverity scan reported errors in Qpid Dispatch master
    DISPATCH-841 - Decrease default limit of rows returned by qdstat from
1000 to 100
    DISPATCH-842 - Include missing license information in the LICENSE file
    DISPATCH-846 - Memory leaks in ctest with valgrind
    DISPATCH-847 - Fix issues discovered by Coverity
    DISPATCH-855 - Router crash when disconnecting from console
    DISPATCH-857 - Router crash when ctrl-c on router that has a
libwebsockets listener connected to a console
    DISPATCH-860 - Link Route tests failing intermittently.
    DISPATCH-865 - Segmentation fault while running 2-node Artemis tests
    DISPATCH-866 - Assert in sys_mutex_lock
    DISPATCH-867 - Messages stuck going through link route
    DISPATCH-868 - Link Route endpoints not cleared if connection to
endpoint is lost

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 (RC3)

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
+1
* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for presence of LICENSE and NOTICE files
* Ran mvn apache-rat:check, no missing license headers found.
* Built from source and ran tests. All tests passed

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1 ... I built it from source and run some of my tests with different AMQP
1.0 clients as well as against the Qpid C++ broker.

Jakub

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
+1

Posted by Ernest Allen <ea...@redhat.com>.
+1

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 14/11/17 14:48, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 14/11/17 14:01, Ted Ross wrote:
>> Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC3 as the official Qpid
>> Dispatch Router version 1.0.0.
>>
>> Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 RC3 can be found here:
>>
>>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.0.0-rc3/
>>
>> The following issues have been fixed since RC1:
>>
>>      DISPATCH-767 - Message Cut-Through/Streaming for efficient
>> handling of
>> large messages
>>      DISPATCH-847 - Fix issues discovered by Coverity
>>      DISPATCH-858 - Simplify hard to follow LICENSE file
>>      DISPATCH-865 - Segmentation fault while running 2-node Artemis tests
>>      DISPATCH-867 - Messages stuck going through link route
>>      DISPATCH-870 - connection improperly reopened from closed connector
>>      DISPATCH-873 - new routes calculated wrongly after connector
>> deletion
>
> As mentioned in the thread on rc1[1], a 0.8 version of qdstat gets an
> error running against the 1.0 router. I came across a similar issue
> between 0.7 and 0.8 (I think), where a network of routers of different
> versions was successfully set up, but where the older management tools
> couldn't be run against it. It is not critical, but I suspect it is
> likely to be a simple fix.
>
> As this is not mentioned above, I assume its not been fixed in this rc.
> Was that just that it was overlooked with the other issues, or a
> conscious decision it wasn't a serious enough issue? I'm fine either
> way, just don't want it to accidentally slip through.

It was pointed out to me that this is really an issue with the 0.8
management tool as it requires a fix there. (Obvious when it's pointed
out, sorry!) So all that would make sense for 1.0 is trying to ensure
that the 1.0 qdstat would be able to handle any anticipated future
changes to the management protocol/schema.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 (RC3)

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 14/11/17 14:01, Ted Ross wrote:
> Please cast your vote on this thread to release RC3 as the official Qpid
> Dispatch Router version 1.0.0.
>
> Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 RC3 can be found here:
>
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/dispatch/1.0.0-rc3/
>
> The following issues have been fixed since RC1:
>
>      DISPATCH-767 - Message Cut-Through/Streaming for efficient handling of
> large messages
>      DISPATCH-847 - Fix issues discovered by Coverity
>      DISPATCH-858 - Simplify hard to follow LICENSE file
>      DISPATCH-865 - Segmentation fault while running 2-node Artemis tests
>      DISPATCH-867 - Messages stuck going through link route
>      DISPATCH-870 - connection improperly reopened from closed connector
>      DISPATCH-873 - new routes calculated wrongly after connector deletion

As mentioned in the thread on rc1[1], a 0.8 version of qdstat gets an
error running against the 1.0 router. I came across a similar issue
between 0.7 and 0.8 (I think), where a network of routers of different
versions was successfully set up, but where the older management tools
couldn't be run against it. It is not critical, but I suspect it is
likely to be a simple fix.

As this is not mentioned above, I assume its not been fixed in this rc.
Was that just that it was overlooked with the other issues, or a
conscious decision it wasn't a serious enough issue? I'm fine either
way, just don't want it to accidentally slip through.

[1]
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Qpid-Dispatch-Router-1-0-0-Release-Candidate-td7668261.html#a7669219
  I should probably have raised a JIRA also

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Dispatch Router 1.0.0 (RC3)

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1

* verified signature and checksums
* passes self test
* ran various multi-router tests
* passes qpid-interop-test types test with ProtonC, ProtonPython, and AmqpNetLite shims
* passes qpid-interop-test large_content test with AmqpNetLite shim