Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by cganesan <ch...@hp.com> on 2013/04/15 18:06:07 UTC

Unexpected end of file from server

Hi

I'm using Apache CXF version 2.2.7 to POST a REST request to the server
using WebClient. I'm seeing following socket error on the client side when
the system (both client and server) is under load. Both client and server
using CXF version 2.4.2.  I don't see any performance/response issue with
the server as the request fails with the following error within 50
millisecs.

Since CXF version 2.2.7 is quite old, does upgrading to Ver 2.4.2 and above
address help?

Unexpected end of file from server
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor217.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
        at
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.mapException(HTTPConduit.java:2058)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:2043)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractConduit.close(AbstractConduit.java:66)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.close(HTTPConduit.java:639)
        at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:62)
        ... 141 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:774)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:633)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1195)
        at
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:379)

Thanks
Chandru

Re: Unexpected end of file from server

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Is it CXF 2.2.7 or CXF 2.4.2 that you use ? Can you please experiment with
the supported CXF branches, for example, try CXF 2.5.10, or at least the
very last CXF 2.4.x release ?

Cheers, Sergey