Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by zhongming hua <cr...@apache.org> on 2022/04/12 04:32:39 UTC

[DISCUSS] Dubbo official website document structure upgrade suggestion

Hi, all:
I found that the documentation on Dubbo official website is a bit
laggy, I think we should upgrade the document structure and content on
the Dubbo official website. My initial idea is to divide the document
into two parts, the first part is the facade document, and the second
part is the advanced document.

Facade document: it is mainly used to introduce Dubbo and serve as a
guide for new Dubbo users, the directory structure is as follows:

- What is Dubbo?
- - Introduction
- - Core Concepts
- - Dubbo Ecosystem
- Why use Dubbo?
- - Advantage
- How to use Dubbo?
- How to Contact the Dubbo Community?

Advanced document: It will contain detailed information on various
projects in the Dubbo ecosystem. It will build different document
content according to different projects.  The top-level structure
directory is as follows (The secondary directory will be determined by
different projects, such as the Quick start of Dubbo Java SDK and
Dubbo Golang SDK must be different):
-  Introduction
- - Users
-  Quick start
-  Concepts & Architecture
- - FAQs
-  Advanced Features & Usage
-  Reference Manual
- Upgrades & Compatibility
- Contributing
  - Overview
  - Contribution Guideline
  - Contributor Guideline
  - Committer Guideline

If you have different ideas, you can reply to the email for discussion.

Best Regards!
Zhongming Hua

Re: [DISCUSS] Dubbo official website document structure upgrade suggestion

Posted by YunKun Huang <ht...@gmail.com>.
We also need to handle redirect issues for the new structure.
maybe consider it when designing the url pattern.

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Albumen Kevin <al...@apache.org>.
For the redirect issues, I think we can keep both versions of the site at
the same time. On the home page, the new one is used by default.

Posted by Hao Guo <gu...@apache.org>.