Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2004/01/18 19:34:01 UTC

Using pure Java implementation of CVS

Hi all,

JVZ dropped me a note about the progress on maven-scm and using the pure
Java CVS library in the generic-scm-providers/cvslib project.  I'd be happy
to change the cvslib project to use the Java library that I used in the
ChangeLog plugin for Maven.  I also have some refactoring ideas that would
make this a better implementation over what was used in ChangeLog.

I changed StreamPumperTest in the scm-api project to not use the deprecated
StringBufferInputStream class.  However, it appears that I don't have karma
for committing to scm-api.  I can send in my changes as patch files if you
would prefer.

Eric Pugh

RE: Using pure Java implementation of CVS

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I am hoping to have everything ready by the end of this weekend to check in.

Thanks,
Eric

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
> On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 13:47, Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

Yes, I already reconsider my opinion, and I authorized Eric to implement it
in a new provider (javacvs) for the moment.
We'll can delete current cvs provider later.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
> JVZ dropped me a note about the progress on maven-scm and using the pure
> Java CVS library in the generic-scm-providers/cvslib project.  I'd be
happy
> to change the cvslib project to use the Java library that I used in the
> ChangeLog plugin for Maven.  I also have some refactoring ideas that would
> make this a better implementation over what was used in ChangeLog.

I'm -1 for the moment. The netbeans cvslib is under Sun License.
And I think it's more simple for a newbie if cvs module use command line, He
can update and add new command more simply.

> I changed StreamPumperTest in the scm-api project to not use the
deprecated
> StringBufferInputStream class.  However, it appears that I don't have
karma
> for committing to scm-api.  I can send in my changes as patch files if you
> would prefer.

I'll apply it.

Emmanuel