Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by troya <ad...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/14 05:32:14 UTC

Indexing thousands file on solr

HI All,

I have thousands file on some folder which i want to index using solr.
Firstly my file only 9 until 20 file, so i upload them manually into solr
using curl.

But Now, my file is thousands file, how i can index it using solr ? should i
upload them one by one ?

i've tried using curl command like bellow :

java -Durl=http://localhost:8906/solr/update/extract?literal.id=PPN
-Dtype=text/html -jar post.jar *.htm

But when i search it, only one file appear.Not all of them.

Help me to solve this

Thanks

Re: Indexing thousands file on solr

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
The new 4.0 branch has a greatly improved post tool that handles directories
for SolrCell. And it will generate the default IDs for you.

See:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtractingRequestHandler#SimplePostTool_.28post.jar.29

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 14 August 2012 09:02, troya <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI All,
>
> I have thousands file on some folder which i want to index using solr.
> Firstly my file only 9 until 20 file, so i upload them manually into solr
> using curl.
>
> But Now, my file is thousands file, how i can index it using solr ? should i
> upload them one by one ?
>
> i've tried using curl command like bellow :
>
> java -Durl=http://localhost:8906/solr/update/extract?literal.id=PPN
> -Dtype=text/html -jar post.jar *.htm

You have to change the value of literal.id in between posts. Otherwise,
Solr is just updating the last document created with that ID.

Regards,
Gora

Re: Indexing thousands file on solr

Posted by Bing Hua <bh...@cornell.edu>.
You may write a client using solrj and loop through all files in that folder.
Something like,

ContentStreamUpdateRequest up = new
ContentStreamUpdateRequest("/update/extract");
up.addFile(new File(fileLocation), null);
ModifiableSolrParams p = new ModifiableSolrParams();
p.add("literal.id", str);
up.setParams(p);
server.request(up);

Bing