Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/06 02:00:07 UTC

Re: ask for a question about Lucene

My gut feel is that, with 150 records, using Lucene is overkill. This
assumes that your database already exists. You'd have to extract the data
from the DB, store it in a lucene index, then worry about keeping them
synchronized.

I'd suggest, though, that the fastest way to satisfy yourself about this
would be to create some SQL queries by hand, submit them to your database,
and measure your response time. You could get a fair idea of whether your DB
was fast enough just by this experiment.

Hope this helps
Erick