Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Frank Russo <fr...@FXALL.com> on 2006/07/31 14:22:05 UTC

Error in log file when using t:saveState

I'm trying to use t:saveState to save a bean class. I may have something
in MyFaces configured wrong. It seems that I'm getting a new bean for
each request. I was trying to troubleshoot, when I saw this in my log
file:

	2006-07-31 08:12:01,876 WARN
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.DefaultAddResource  - MyFaces
special javascript could not be retrieved from request-map.

Can anyone point out why this may have occurred, and what may be missing
from my configuration? Here is a dump of the myfaces specific elements
from my web.xml:

	    <filter>
	        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter</filter-
class>
	        <init-param>
	            <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
	            <param-value>20m</param-value>
	            <description>Set the size limit for uploaded files.
	                Format: 10 - 10 bytes
	                10k - 10 KB
	                10m - 10 MB
	                1g - 1 GB
	            </description>
	        </init-param>
	    </filter>
	    <filter-mapping>
	        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
	        <url-pattern>/faces/*</url-pattern>
	    </filter-mapping>
	    <filter-mapping>
	        <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<url-pattern>/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/*</url-pattern>
	    </filter-mapping>

Thanks...

Frank Russo
Senior Developer
FX Alliance, LLC

Re: Error in log file when using t:saveState

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I don't think the error you're seeing is related to t:saveState.
t:saveState doesn't render anything -- it's just a marker that tells
JSF to serialize additional objects into the component tree.

Not sure what you mean by "getting a new bean", but yes, serialization
of x returns a new object y with all of the same instance variables
set.   x != y nor is y's constructor ever invoked.   Also, if your
bean hasn't overridden Object's equals() method, then x.equals(y) is
false.