Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mark Masterson <ma...@compuserve.com> on 2001/01/24 14:49:31 UTC

Missing source files in 1.0.4 distribution?

Ceki,

I'm working with the 1.0.4 distro, downloaded as the file
"jakarta-log4j-1.0.4.zip" (the Win32 distro), from the Jakarta Web site.
That copy of the distribution appears to be missing some of the source
files.  I did a "find ." and a diff on the two /org directory trees, but
there were too many differences to parse that way without actually doing
some work.  However, a quick visual inspection reveals that the following
.class files have no corresponding .java file.

/org/apache/log4j/Dispatcher.class
		/PropertyWatchdog.class
		/gui/AddAction.class
		/gui/JtableAddAction.class
		/net/DefaultEvaluater.class
		/varia/HUP.class
		/varia/HUPNode.class
		/xml/XMLWatchdog.class

I checked my copy of the Zip file, which I still have, and the files are not
there either, so it doesn't seem like I had them and deleted them by
accident.  Any suggestions?  Is there a distro somewhere that you're sure
has everything in it?  If not, could you post one and update the Web pages?
Danke!

Cheers,
Mark