Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by michael mclaughlin <m_...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2011/08/05 14:49:34 UTC

Complicated front page layouts: use tables?

On my front page I want a graphic aligned left. Opposite
the graphic, I want 2 or 3 lines of text aligned right.

Do I need to use a table to recreate this layout?
The default titlepage template seems to work well for flows
down the page. But for the layout I want, the template
inserts the graphic under the lines of text.
====================================
 <t:titlepage t:element="book" t:wrapper="fo:block">
    <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto">
    <title
    t:named-template="division.title"
    param:node="ancestor-or-self::book[1]"
    text-align="right"
    font-size="&hsize4;"
    padding-before="2in"
    font-weight="bold"
    font-family="{$title.fontset}"/>
       <subtitle
         text-align="right"
 font-size="&hsize3;"
 space-before="&hsize3space;
 font-family="{$title.fontset}"/>

  <!-- Add part number and publication date -->
 <pubsnumber
 font-size="&hsize0;" font-weight="" space-before="5.5in" text-align="right"/>
 <pubdate font-size="&hsize0;" font-weight="" text-align="right"/>

    <!-- Add company logo graphic -->
        <mediaobject text-align="left"/>
     </t:titlepage-content>

Re: Complicated front page layouts: use tables?

Posted by mike 675 <m_...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks. I need to work out how to edit my template file to get your fo:
stylesheet markup.

Posted by Rob Sargent <rs...@xmission.com>.
bottom-posted

Posted by mike 675 <m_...@yahoo.co.uk>.