Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/30 08:34:27 UTC

Crash with 'svn st -u', version 1.3.0

Hi,

Due to a sent in crashreport for TortoiseSVN, I was finally able to
create a reproduction recipe for a crash. The following recipe
produces a segfault, but *only* if you set '*.obj' in your global
ignore patterns. If you don't set that, this recipe will not make svn
crash.

svn --version
svn, Version 1.3.0 (r17949)

svnadmin create testrepo
svn co file:///d:/test/testrepo wc
cd wc
echo test > test.txt
svn add test.txt
svn ci -m ""
svn mkdir test.obj
echo test > test.obj\testfile
svn ci -m ""
svn up -r1
mkdir test.obj
echo test > test.obj\testfile
svn st -v -u
==> crash!

Stefan

--
       ___
  oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"

Re: Crash with 'svn st -u', version 1.3.0

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
Oy! It is enough to have an directory that matches an ignore pattern
that's been added in the repo. Horrible!

Fix coming with backport proposal.

Thanks, Stefan,
//Peter

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Stefan Küng wrote:

> Peter N. Lundblad wrote:
> > Fix, of course, since it was a one-liner, but you helped me write the test
> > case, which is a trimmed-down version of your recipe:
> > - check out a WC from our standard test repository.
> > - svn mkdir repos_url/dir.o   # *.o is in the standard ignores.
> > - mkdir wc_dir/dir.o
> > # svn st -u, checking the results.
> >
> > So, your time was well worht it!
>
> Are you sure that the default ignores are also active by default? My
> config file has those commented out - but I'm not sure if I did that or
> if it was done by the client when it was created.

They're the builtin rule, so I avoided having to modify the config file in
the test case:]  The test failed (with a crash) before the fix.

Regards,
//Peter

Re: Crash with 'svn st -u', version 1.3.0

Posted by Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.

Posted by Stefan Küng <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.