Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD)" <Jo...@thehartford.com> on 2003/09/26 17:08:06 UTC

Forward Action with redirect?

Currently, the Forward action forwards control to a resource on the server
side.  How can I specify a forward action that also results in a client side
redirect?  I don't want to call this resource directly because I need to
make use of the struts validate mechanism to validate the previous form.
Any suggestions?

Regards,

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Re: Forward Action with redirect?

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Joshua,

I am not sure I understand quite what you want to do, but you can use the
redirect attribute of a <forward> element in struts-config.xml to do a
redirect:

<forward path="/foo.jsp" redirect="true" />

-Max

Posted by Manish Singla <Ma...@Sun.COM>.
You can specify a forward action and "validate the previous form" at
same time".  It is just that instaed of calling your own action you
called struts ready made action...

White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD) wrote:
> Currently, the Forward action forwards control to a resource on the server
> side.  How can I specify a forward action that also results in a client side
> redirect?  I don't want to call this resource directly because I need to
> make use of the struts validate mechanism to validate the previous form.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Joshua
>

> This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of
> addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
> disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
> immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Thanks
Manish Singla
x73166