Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Martin Strohal <ma...@combots.com> on 2006/04/03 10:58:36 UTC

Connecting to activemq.org while startup

Hello,
we use ActiveMQ behind a firewall. On startup, ActiveMQ tries to connect to
activemq.org - without success because of the firewall. Only after some
minutes (Timeout) the startup is successfull.
Why does ActiveMQ want to connect to ActiveMQ? What can I do against this?

Thanks, Martin

Re: Connecting to activemq.org while startup

Posted by Martin Strohal <ma...@combots.com>.
We are using 3.2.2. How can I disable the online DTD validation?

Posted by "James.Strachan" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Martin Strohal wrote:

> Hello,
> we use ActiveMQ behind a firewall. On startup, ActiveMQ tries to connect
> to activemq.org - without success because of the firewall. Only after some
> minutes (Timeout) the startup is successfull.
> Why does ActiveMQ want to connect to ActiveMQ? What can I do against this?

We used to do this for DTD validation - though I don't think we do that any
more in 4.x. Which version are you using?

James