Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by cardagna <ca...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/26 13:49:02 UTC

SOAP Load Test: Problem with response time results

Dear all,
I'm a jmeter newbie and I would like to ask you a question related to a
problem I had in using it.

I'm trying to test a SOA platform (SOAP testing) using jmeter. My test is a
load test and I want to stress the platform with high rates of request. My
test plan is as follows:
- I added a "Constant Throughput Timer" and used it with two different
settings. First I set 12000 samples per minutes (i.e., 200 requests per
second on average) and then 30000 samples per minutes (i.e., 500 requests
per second on average).
- I added a "Ultimate Thread Group" with 20 threads that start
simultaneously and hold load for 60 seconds
- I added the statistic component "Response Times Over Time" to measure the
response time in ms

My results show that the max transactions per second for the server I tested
is around 170. However, the results in terms of response time is a bit
surprising. In both the settings I had practically the same response time,
although I expected a much higher response time for the second scenario
(i.e., 500 requests per second). I was wondering if someone has the same
problem or has an idea of the reason why I retrieved these results. It looks
like jmeter never sends the rate of request I requested in the software.

Thanks for all your help,
Claudio.

Re: SOAP Load Test: Problem with response time results

Posted by cardagna <ca...@gmail.com>.
Dear Deepak,
thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Posted by Deepak Goel <de...@gmail.com>.
Hey

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag~Bonjour

170 < 200 and 170 < 500, also 200 < 500. So your capacity of the system is
max 170 beyond which the response time is unaffected as system capacitates
or breaks down.

Deepak
   --
Keigu