Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2010/07/23 14:44:55 UTC

Fwd: Cayenne Project

Hi folks,

We had an email exchange with Jeffrey off list, and now that he is
subscribed, I am taking this conversation to the community. Jeffrey is
currently a Cayenne user and wants to help us with Cayenne
development. So I wanted to solicit ideas of tasks that can be given
to him.

Usually CayenneModeler is a good place to start, as it has a minimal
learning curve, e.g. CAY-1460 [*]

Another area is Cayenne 3.1 (the new release currently being developed
on trunk) which is undergoing a major change related to our recent
switch to a built-in DI container. Many of the pieces of the stack
will need to be switched to DI-managed objects. Two most obvious
candidates are QueryLogger and QueryCache. There's no DI Jira for
QueryLogger, but there's a number of surrounding Jiras (CAY-1300,
CAY-1173, CAY-1464) that are kind of dependent on this. QueryCache
task is CAY-1445, and is about eliminating current hardcoded
initialization flows, replacing them with DI. These tasks have a much
steeper learning curve.

Finally, this is open source after all, so Jeffrey, feel free to
suggest your own improvements to Cayenne. And please ask questions
about the process, the technology, anything...

Cheers,
Andrus

[*] When I am referring to Cayenne tasks, I am using their Jira
numbers. E.g. "CAY-1460" can be found here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1460

Begin forwarded message: