Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sean Muse <se...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/16 19:35:39 UTC

Maven, Hibernate, and XDoclet - Please Help Or Show Me The "m" in RTFM!

Please help!  I am trying to use Maven for a new
(inherited) project I am working on.

The client has a base project that they always use.
This source code base has numerous classes in it,
including a base PersistableObject class.  This
PersistableObject class has XDoclet markings for
Hibernate.  For example, it has the mappings for the
id field.  All of the objects that need to be
persisted in the new project should extend this class.

How do I do this?

Maven can generate the mappings for the base project.
That works perfectly; however, when I want it to build
the base project and generate mappings for the
subproject, it no longer includes all the mappings
embedded in the source.

Is there no way to do this?!

_Sean

Re: Maven, Hibernate, and XDoclet - Please Help Or Show Me The "m" in RTFM!

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
IIRC from many years ago this is an xdoclet problem/limitation.  You
have to include the source to the base class(es) in the set of stuff
that xdoclet parses for the xdoclet inheritance to work.  I have no
idea if this is conceivable to do with the xdoclet maven plugin.  If
you are simply calling the xdoclet ant task using jelly it's probably
possible to hardcode in something to include the base projects sources
if they are going to be in a fixed location relative to the project
that is using them.

My guess is that this is not going to be especially easy.  Good luck,

david jencks

anybody knows how was5 plugin works?

Posted by Janos Mucsi <mu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi
1. I am running maven was5:serverStatus to get this:

build:start:

was5:serverStatus:
    [serverStatus] ADMU0116I: Tool information is
being logged in file
    [serverStatus]
/usr/was2/WAS5/AppServer/logs/server1/serverStatus.log
    [serverStatus] ADMU0500I: Retrieving server status
for server1
    [serverStatus] ADMU0509I: The Application Server
"server1" cannot be reached. It appears to be
    [serverStatus]            stopped.

I have this in my project.properties:
maven.was5.home=/usr/was2/WAS5/AppServer
maven.was5.serverStatus.statusPort=8880
maven.was5.serverStatus.server=server1

2. When I run maven was5:listApps, I get this:
build:start:

was5:listApps:
    [wasListApps] WASX7023E: Error creating "SOAP"
connection to host "localhost"; exception information:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/mail/util/BASE64DecoderStream
    [wasListApps] WASX7213I: This scripting client is
not connected to a server process; please refer to the
log file
/usr/was2/WAS5/AppServer/logs/wsadmin.traceout for
additional information.
    [wasListApps] WASX7022E: Problem running command
"$AdminApp list" -- exception information:
com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7206W:
The application management service is not running.
Application management commands will not run.
    [wasListApps]
    [wasListApps] [ERROR] Java Result: 110

[2/16/05 18:34:22:961 PST] 508cce18 AbstractShell A
WASX7093I: Issuing message:
"WASX7023E: Error creating "SOAP" connection to host
"localhost"; exception info
rmation: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/sun/mail/util/BASE64DecoderStream"
[2/16/05 18:34:22:971 PST] 508cce18 AdminControlC W
WASX7072E: The control servi
ce is not available.

my project.properties has this:

maven.was5.listApps.conntype=SOAP
maven.was5.listApps.port=8880

Can you please help me?

Thanks.

Janos

Re: Maven, Hibernate, and XDoclet - Please Help Or Show Me The "m" in RTFM!

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.
--- Sean Muse <se...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is is possible to have Maven run Xdoclet against the
> source of the base project but compile against the
> jar
> of the base?

jar of the base project will get you nowhere.
xdoclet works against sources...
regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Plugins for xdoclet-2 are released. check it out at:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xdoclet-plugins/

Re: Maven, Hibernate, and XDoclet - Please Help Or Show Me The "m" in RTFM!

Posted by Sean Muse <se...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Priblouda <kp...@yahoo.com>.