Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by raj <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/27 11:16:20 UTC

Difference between Group and Facet

Hi,

I was seeing that Lucene supports both Groups and Facets. But I was finding
it difficult to understand the difference between both.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1421 - Says "Ability to Group
search results by Field". So, is this by existing Fields that we add while
indexing or something different as in FacetFields in Facets?

Regards,
Rajesh

Re: Difference between Group and Facet

Posted by raj <ra...@gmail.com>.
Will update here if we finally decide to go with this. Looks like our
requirement can be accomplished with normal String fields

Posted by Brendan Grainger <br...@gmail.com>.
Great, did it work?

--
Brendan Grainger