Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by mcroteau105 <mi...@mail.randrinc.com> on 2007/01/31 01:43:45 UTC

Jmeter tests frozen...

I am currently running 4 thread groups, each have 5 users going though 10
times each for a total of 200.  I have ran into this issue before, what
happens is halfway or little more through the test, it freezes or hangs and
doesnt successfully complete the test.

When this happens, I check the application(our test environment) to see if
its down, but all is good on application side.  Just seems as if JMeter
decided to quit doing its job.  Any insight would be most helpful.  What is
going on?  What can I do to prevent this?  Thanks in advance!

Mike

Re: Jmeter tests frozen...

Posted by Ivan Rancati <iv...@sharpmind.de>.
hi Mike,

do you have listeners such as "View results in Tree" in your test plan?
That might slow down JMeter or cause it to run out of memory. You can try to
display only errors in that listener, or even disable it altogether

Without more details about your test plan, I guess the two other
troubleshooting suggestions would be to look at jmeter.log, perhaps enabling
debug output in jmeter.properties to look for extra data

good luck

Re: Jmeter tests frozen...

Posted by mcroteau105 <mi...@mail.randrinc.com>.
Ivan,

Thanks for the speedy reply.  I tried changing the output to Debug in
jmeter.properties file but am not getting any  useful information.  However,
I have seen "Thread wont die"  in the log files, and Im guessing my problem
has to do with this.  I also tried changing the HEAP higher to make sure
jmeter had enough memory, but the tests still froze.

Here are a few lines from the log file that might be of some help:

2007/01/31 16:46:08 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Thread won't
die: french  - multiple wo - stepped invoice 1-1
2007/01/31 16:46:08 INFO  - jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine: Notifying
test listeners of end of test
2007/01/31 16:46:30 DEBUG - jmeter.gui.action.CheckDirty: Node is class:
                                            class
org.apache.jmeter.gui.tree.JMeterTreeNode

Any additional information on this issue, will be most greatly appreciated.
I will follow any steps needed to get this working.

Mike