Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas Neumann <ne...@karto.baug.ethz.ch> on 2003/10/18 20:22:26 UTC

toggeling visibility problem for raster under transparent path-element

Again me ...

Still refering to http://www.carto.net/geog234/lab3/lab3_end.svg

I've changed my checkBox code, so I can toggle Layers with Batik and CSV -
however I seem to have a problem now with toggeling visibility for my
raster-image below transparent path-elements.

If you toggle the visibility "Relief Shading" group you won't see any
difference, until you move your mouse above the path-elements of the US states.
It seems to work fine with vector groups.

I am using batik-cvs-03-10-13.zip on MacOSX - maybe a MacOSX related bug?

Can any of the Win/Lin persons check whether they have the same effect?

Thanks,
Andreas

--
The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from
life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe

Andreas Neumann - Department of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg, CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.karto.ethz.ch/neumann/
SVG.Open/Carto.net: http://www.svgopen.org/

Re: toggeling visibility problem for raster under transparent path-element

Posted by Andreas Neumann <ne...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>.
>     This was a bug in Batik, I fixed it over the weekend.
> You can either do a "cvs update", or grab a new tarball.
> Thanks for pointing this out (although I must wonder how
> I never noticed it previously, I use images all the time).

wow - this is very responsive! - I will download it and try.

Also, thanks for the hint on Blacks vs. African Americans. I just did not know
it and want to be politically correct.

My students in Santa Barbara should have told me!

Thanks,
Andreas

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Again me ...
>
> Still refering to
> http://www.carto.net/geog234/lab3/lab3_end.svg
>
> I've changed my checkBox code, so I can toggle Layers with
> Batik and CSV - however I seem to have a problem now with
> toggeling visibility for my raster-image below transparent
> path-elements.

Hi Andreas,