Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/08/01 10:34:10 UTC

Re: SecureProtocolSocketFactory with SSLContext

Bruno Harbulot wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Bruno,

> I have implemented a SecureProtocolSocketFactory with support for
> setting an SSLContext [1], based on StrictSSLProtocolSocketFactory,
> which is available in the contribution package of HttpClient 3.1.
>
> Would this be of interest to have it included in the contrib package?
Yes, it would

> Otherwise, I'll keep it available with jSSLutils. More documentation
> on how to use it is available its wiki [2]. I would probably keep it
> under jSSLutils too, since I'd like to put it in the Maven central
> repository, but the HttpClient contrib package doesn't seem to be
> included there.
>
> I haven't looked at the new implementation (4.x), but if there's
> enough interest, I could try to implement something similar if it
> doesn't already exist.
> Comments welcome, of course.

I would very much prefer this code to be ported to the 4.0 API. It is
just a matter of time the support for 3.x codeline will be discontinued.

Oleg

Posted by Bruno Harbulot <Br...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hi Oleg,

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> I would very much prefer this code to be ported to the 4.0 API. It is
> just a matter of time the support for 3.x codeline will be discontinued.

I hadn't looked at the 4.0 API, but it seems you've already done all the
background work anyway, which is great. If it's not too late, I think
this small patch for SSLSocketFactory would be the easiest way to use an
SSLContext:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-789

Best wishes,

Bruno.