Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Akos Tajti <ak...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/23 13:11:18 UTC

stored field norm

Dear All,

when indexing an object I create a document that contains a field called
title. I set the boost of that field to 60. After the indexing was complete
I checked the document using luke. The norm field for it contained 40.
Shouldn't this column (the field norm) contain the boost that was set at
indexing time?

Thanks in advance,
Ákos Tajti

Re: stored field norm

Posted by Akos Tajti <ak...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Ian,

I checked the documentation and it turned out that the lengt normalization
made the norm so small. I started using SweetSpotSimilarity for that field
and now the scores are ok.

Ákos

Re: stored field norm

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.